Requirements for curriculum-based programs
- Valid High School diploma or GED*
- Minimum age of 18 years old, or 17 years with parental consent
- Capable of meeting the visual and physical requirements a welding career demands
- Must visit and tour the campus prior to starting class
- Veteran Students Only: must be able to supply transcripts from all post-secondary institutions previously attended and funded with VA educational benefits
* Ask the college for details on homeschool diplomas or foreign high school diplomas.
Federal Financial Aid Programs (Title IV)
Arclabs is eligible to participate in the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan program, the largest federal student loan program. Under this program, the U.S. Department of Education is your lender. Please refer to studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ for current interest rates.
A direct loan is a low-interest loan designed to provide students with additional funds to assist in paying for education costs not covered by other sources of financial aid and is administered by the Department of Education and individual states. The types of Direct Loans available are outlined here.
Arclabs is a South Carolina and Texas state-approved training provider. Therefore, students who are unemployed or underemployed could qualify for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding. To learn more about this type of funding and to see if you qualify, visit your local SC Works or Texas Workforce Commission office or contact one of our school locations.
All Arclabs locations are approved to accept veterans’ benefits, including the GI Bill® and Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation. Veteran students must supply transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended and funded with VA educational benefits.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/
Arclabs offers payment plan options. Please contact your local campus for more information.
*Financial Aid is available to those who meet the eligibility requirements of the individual funding source; and not all financial aid sources are available for all programs. Please contact your local campus for details. Find your campus here.