We get it – a 9-to-5 cubicle job isn’t for everyone. Some people are just looking for something different. Maybe you want to build, repair or use your hands. If you’re not sure what your next step will be after graduation, remember a four-year college degree isn’t your only option. Welding offers an exciting alternative and with Arclabs you can get started in as little as six months.
A Stable Career
From aircraft carriers and space shuttles, to smartphones and jewelry, more than 50% of products made in this country require welding. According to NAM, manufacturers in South Carolina employ 12% of the state’s workforce. Welding is an in-demand skill and will be in high demand for a long time to come.
Travel for Work
One of the coolest things about a welding career is the ability to travel. Whether it’s maintaining and repairing NASCAR vehicles, installing pipe in the beautiful Alaskan wilds or performing repairs on a cruise ship, the travel options for skilled welders are practically unlimited. Of course, if you prefer to work closer to home, you can do that too.
Get Paid Well
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average welding salary is $41,380. For welding jobs that require more technical skills like electric power generation, transmission and distribution, the average salary is $76,600.
Skilled welders are in demand.
Why Arclabs Welding
The need for skilled, experienced welders is high, but employers need to be sure their new hires are qualified and properly trained. That’s where Arclabs comes in. We provide training to help future welders master the skills necessary to start a career.
- No pre-requisites.
- Day and night class schedules for your busy life.
- Less than 15% of your program will be spent in the classroom, so that means more hands-on experience with the equipment you’ll be using in your career.
- Programs can be completed at a fraction of the cost of 4- year college programs.
- The 20:1 student to instructor ratio means you get personalized time and feedback from our qualified instructors.
- We are nationally accredited by ACCET and a NCCER approved facility.
- We partner with many local and national employers who use our free job posting service when hiring welders because of the high caliber of our graduates.
- With years of individual experience, we have many Certified Welding Educators or Certified Welding Instructors on staff.
- Arclabs programs are designed to help students quickly master the skills employers are looking for.